Killer7 (I only watched a Let's Play) can be clearly sensed as inspiration here. Hope this will continue development.
A downloadable game for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux
A Killer7 inspired action game where the character only moves on-rails. Combat is done through over-the-shoulder camera, and puzzles are solved in a point & click fashion. Obviously a work-in-progress.
- Hold Space to move forward.
- Press Shift to turn around.
- When approaching a fork in the road or a puzzle, use the mouse to select a path, and left-click to commit to it.
- Puzzles are point & click affair, i.e. hover the cursor over interact-able objects for their description, and click & hold them to drag them around.
- To open the inventory in the puzzle portion, simply hover the cursor over the "Inventory" tab at the bottom of the screen. You can do this while dragging objects to drop them into a slot.
- Use right-click, ctrl, or alt to look around. If you have a pistol in your inventory, this will also make you aim your gun.
- Left-click while aiming with a pistol to fire your gun.
- Tab to reload the gun.
Every enemy has a weak-spot indicated by a yellow glowey-thing. Successfully hitting the weakspot instantly kills the enemy, regardless of health.
Download the zip file for your platform, and unzip the file.
Run the file, "Prototype_ Murakami.exe" under the folder, "Prototype_ Murakami".
Run the file, "Prototype_ Murakami.app" under the directory, "Prototype_ Murakami".
Go into the directory, "Prototype_ Murakami". There will be a binary executable called "Prototype_ Murakami", whose permissions aren't set to executable. If you use GNOME/Cinnamon (I believe KDE supports this as well), open the "Prototype_ Murakami" file properties, and check the "run as executable" checkbox. Otherwise, open the terminal from this directory, and run the "chmod +x Prototype_\ Murakami" command. After that, run "Prototype_ Murakami" as normal.
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.