Air Flip Drive
Race as far as possible before running out of fuel! Collect rings to gain turbo, then turbo-tackle into other vehicles to gain fuel.
Originally created for Extra Credits Game Design Jam. Still a work-in-progress (WIP).
- Left or right arrow keys to steer.
- Down arrow to brake.
- While in air, press up or down arrow keys to glide up or dive respectively.
- While on ground, tap Z to bunny-hop.
- Hold X to use the turbo (works both on-ground and in-air). Requires turbo.
- Tap R to respawn at the middle of the track (early, if already off-track). This uses fuel.
- While on ground, hold Z to bunny-hop, then hold left or right arrow key to initiate drifting.
- One enters drift mode when white lines appear on the closest corner of the vehicle. The trail particles on the ground will change as well.
- Once in drift mode, so long as the Z-key is held, the arrow keys can be let go. In fact, they can now be used to adjust the trajectory of the drift.
- v06 - New rival vehicles:
- Adding rival vehicles that races on the track. They don't know how to steer yet.
- Adding turbo tackle, where turboing into other vehicles makes them fly off.
- Fixed the track material to properly show bumps.
- v05 - Polish:
- Adding oscillations to various different track algorithms. Expect a few wave patterns.
- Steering controls were loosened for slightly more granular control.
- Added the option to adjust the steering controls sensitivity.
- New track textures and vehicle particle effects. The former now indicates which was is forward.
- Changed how drift will be interrupted. Instead of canceling immediately after hitting a wall or obstacle, it cancels when either:
- One hits a wall or obstacle 3 or more times, or
- Speed drops dramatically.
- Updated HUD animations.
- v04 - Massive update:
- Adding pipes as part of track generation.
- Columns now spawn; meant for dodging.
- Ramps will spawn, so one can jump from them.
- Bumps on track appear. They don't do too much, really.
- New track textures and vehicle particle effects.
- Added bunny-hopping.
- Timer added to indicate how long one has out of bounds before the game declares game over.
- Drifting controls now reflect (modern) Mario Kart-like logic, i.e. binded to the bunny-hop button; brakes is now a separate button.
- Updated turbo meter to fill during drifting or being in-air.
- Added a separate button to execute turbo.
- Updated HUD to move less important information to the corner of the screen.
- v03 - Massive update: track is now generated in real-time, instead of using pre-made assets.
- v02 - Massive update: vehicle can now travel upside-down, like F-Zero.
- v00 - Initial Release.
- Track can intersect itself, creating situations where it's impossible to progress.
- Track suddenly "despawns" below you if it loops under where you're driving.
- Bad camera.
- Vehicle falls through the track and other geometry.
- Sometimes, the vehicle will respawn for no reason.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.